Haunted days.

It is 2:42pm in the afternoon. It's not a romantic time at all. The light from my monitor is blinding. I choose to shift my concetration to the bracelet he gave me.

"I would choose you, even in a million lifetimes" he said. That night still remains so vivid. It was drizzling outside and the weather was somehow chilly. We were curled in each other near the fireplace. You helped me put the charm bracelet on.
"This holds all my wishes. It will strengthen our bond. I want to spend forever with you."
I smiled, my eyes so welled up. I was not going to cry, no. This is a happy moment, just be happy. I managed to convince myself.
"Thank you. I love you Dave."
You looked into my eyes, held me by my chin then kissed me. This felt so perfect, perfect is not real.

It's three months ever since you left. I did not know forever elapses that fast. You could have atleast given me hints. Not that they would have made my heart shatter any less anyway. Maybe my scars made you always wish for clean skin. Now I know why you never returned my "I love you"s.
I once said that I would cross the oceans for you. Well, I still will. Perhaps my soulmate is waiting on the other end.

Tasha shakes me, "Are you just going to ignore me?"
"Is there a world where you find your soulmate and they don't come with a price?" I ask.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts