WALK WITH ME


I drowned in the fire of having you.
I burned in the river of not having you.
Your name is etched on the pages of my heart.
At a stall, in a dwindled city, I will study your face.
And decide to harbor it for a little while longer
From the waters of anonymity and the acids of breath.
And when I can no longer depend on my muse to guide my heart and hand,
I would wish to be in your arms.
They show me exactly why the best things are free.

If yet I have not all the love.
I shall never have it all.
Listen, I have had enough of the picturesque, the colourful and the charming.
Sometimes I imagine;
Where I can rest all my anxiety in your comforting arms.
Conquer every goal and see victory and not come across despair or harm.
Sometimes I just wish to be lost in you and your passion.
Bathe in your tenderness and rejoice to drown in the sea of your affection and float in bliss listening to your voice.

I do not know what it is about you that closes and opens;
Only something in me understands.
Nothing in this world equals the power of your intense fragility:
Whose texture compels me with the color of its countries,
Rendering death and forever with each breathing.
Now tell me...
What is it about love,
That makes pain so sweet?
That makes you be a fool, intently?
That makes you yearn for someone?
That makes your heart become so weak, so vulnerable?
That makes you fall so fast, so quickly?
How much delight before I collapse?

Some of us do not have the ability to display emotions as easily as others.
But does that make the feelings any less real?
I'll burn the stars,
Bring life to our souls.
I'll drag the past, twist it, change it, take the right road.
Shatter the pain.
Face the impossible and make it turn into hope.
Just promise to laugh, cry and find peace with me when the world has gone insane.

In the deep recesses of my mind.
I see you.
An image, perhaps a fantasy.
Either way, I don't want you to fade.

Comments

  1. The way you get to draw stark contrast is crude and raw and deep. Love this..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts